About Tea Time
TeaTime is a fun game that makes you think before you speak. The designated “First Judge” recites the TeaTime rhyme, and finishes by ringing a bell and saying, “Begin”. The first person to be called out also becomes a judge, as does each person called out thereafter. When there are more than two judges, it takes at least two judges to hear the mistake and call a player out.
Before the game begins, a topic is chosen such as sports, animals, school, politics, the environment, etc. The first judge asks each person to answer the same, or different question about the topic. This continues until only one person is left in the game…the winner!
· Contractions (couldn’t, shouldn’t, wouldn’t)
· Colloquial language (yeah, cool dude, coulda, shoulda, woulda, etc.)
· Interrupting others
· Pause greater than 10 seconds
· Time out once game begins
· Getting personal
· Sentences must be 3 words or more
· Eliminate agreed upon words such as “like, but and OK”
· Eliminate use of the exact same sentence twice by the same player
· Eliminate use of the exact same sentence twice by any player
· Sub vocal tones (umm, ahh, etc., sounds with no meaning)
Campers will be playing TeaTime at this years 2011 Fit2cook4Kids Summer Camps. To reserve your spot, register here!